Re: how to reuse common header attributes

From: Xavier Noria
Subject: Re: how to reuse common header attributes
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:00:10 +0100

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Keith OHara <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think so, mostly. Maybe put an extra set of {} around \addlyrics,
> just in case you forget how \addlyrics works (like I often do).

I have checked the docs for lyrics in

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Entering-lyrics#Lyrics-explained

and don't quite understand that remark. Guess it has to do with
variable assignment?

Indeed, maybe related, when you do a \relative and right after it an
\addlyrics in the top-level as in many examples I don't know to
"which" entity is \addlyrics attaching the lyrics to, is there some
implicit object being built?

>     subtitle = \markup { "Part for" \concat{"E"\flat} "saxaphone"}
>   }

That would be a nice touch. The flat looks weird over here though (see
attachment), is there an alternate markup I could use?