Re: Displaying string number above fingering

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Displaying string number above fingering
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:50:04 +0000 (UTC)

Keith OHara <k-ohara5a5a <at> oco.net> writes:

> There are two or
> three separate pieces of code setting fingerings and scripts according to
> different combinations of rules,

> It seems if we give Fingerings and StringNumbers different script-priorities
> by default, as David suggested, it would render a lot of this (buggy)
> code moot.

Looking closer, each piece of code is self-consistent, not buggy.

The simple fix looks good for cello, but not good for the overall default.

If we give StringNumbers larger script-priority than Fingerings by default,
then when somebody has a guitar chord where a couple fingerings and
string-numbers need to go above the chord, we would put both StringNumbers
outside both Fingerings, which would be hard to read and frustrating to fix.