Re: png export width

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: png export width
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:19:55 +0100

Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> Hans Aikema-2 wrote
>> So in essence it's the same as saving the snippet as samplefile.ly and
>> running
>> lilypond -fpng -dresolution=1200 -dbackend=eps samplefile.ly
>> from a command prompt
>
> what do you need -dbackend=eps for? with it I get those 17 pixels, without
> it's the size you want.

Standard EPS bounding boxes are specified with a resolution of 1/72 in
(a PostScript point).  At 1200dpi, this corresponds to 16 2/3 pixels.
If you round downwards on the left, and round upwards on the right
border (so as to not lose anything), you'll add about 17 pixels on
average.

Most EPS processors nowadays understand "HiRes" bounding boxes where
dimensions are specified as fractional values.  Maybe we should take a
look at whether we can produce one of those in the output.

--
David Kastrup