Re: Questions on re-organizing the woodwind (bass-)clarinet stencils

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: Questions on re-organizing the woodwind (bass-)clarinet stencils
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:17:04 +0100

On 02/05/2013 01:38 PM, Wim van Dommelen wrote:
As for the mainstream of users: it is marvellous all these languages are
supported natively for all notes to enter. Building a rather specialized diagram
is only for a very small fraction. So I'll go for having the diagram right based
on the Dutch (default) notenames first.

Yes, I agree with that. The problem of supporting multiple languages, or aliases, is that it could become ambiguous -- e.g. German b = Dutch bes -- probably better to have one that is definitive and clear.