Re: removing identical staves

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: removing identical staves
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:37:57 -0500

Hi Helge,

Your problem is very similar to one that I will face [again] soon: I will be
engraving a choir piece of mine in which there are S+A+T+B sections, SA+TB
sections, and SATB ("choral unison") sections.

During that process, I'm hoping to perfect the methods available in Lilypond to
handle the "unison/divisi" issue (which is quite common), and then present my
findings in a whitepaper. I know that doesn't help you right now… so the best I
can do is tell you that your main problem

> I could try to quote the first viola voice in the second to get the correct
> notes in the first line. But I would prefer to write only one viola line at
> first page. Further the count of measures could change when I change the
> paper format.

can be solved fairly easily (e.g.,
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-12/msg00065.html).

Hope this helps!