Re: Another happy lilypond user

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Another happy lilypond user
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:55:29 +0100

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> So, today I adapted a scheme function for my own use (which I had
> never done before), and it worked. Then I needed slashes for some
> normal (non-grace) notes and found:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-12/msg00579.html
>
> Last week, I got a message inviting me to pay my Finale tax. I was
> very happy to delete it, but not before a good larf.

Well, I am somewhat unhappy with that focus on the pricing of Finale as
my own work is being funded by LilyPond users who are typically paying
somewhat more to substantially more than the "Finale tax" would entail.

For them, the important difference obviously is not that Finale costs
money to use.  On the one hand, they get quite more in return for their
payment than the right to run a single copy.  On the other hand,
everybody else gets the same, without paying.

I am glad that they don't consider that a drawback.

> Thanks for all the hard work that goes into lilypond. It's an amazing
> tool.

And it is here to stay and runs on a variety of platforms.

--
David Kastrup