Re: Extraneous accidental after barline in cadenza

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Extraneous accidental after barline in cadenza
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:20:03 +0100

2013/3/29 James Harkins <address@hidden>

Ok, my manually painted \bar lines have no effect on accidentals (either by design, or as a side effect of a design that has other good reasons to be as it is).

Even in metered music a manually printed bar-line in the middle of a measure has no effect on accidentals, it's little more than a graphic symbol.

Look at:

\version "2.16.1"
\include "english.ly"

\relative c' {
        \key g\major
        ef4 fs \bar "|" ef fs
        \bar "||"
        ef4 fs \bar "|" e f
}

I've just looked through the manual a bit, and it leads me to doubt whether it's possible to remove an engraver for a single note.

Another idea. How about:
\once \accidentalStyle forget

I see that it's possible to do for a single context, e.g. Staff, but I do want accidentals elsewhere in the bassoon part.

It's not a big deal, just a little detail that surprised me.

hjh

-Harm