"stacked" tempo indications in one line

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: "stacked" tempo indications in one line
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 07:56:06 +0200

Hallo,

I have attached two screenshots to document the kind of layout problem I have
with this snippet:

[...]
\time 3/4
\mark \default % here: "L"
\tempo 4 = 155
\mm "Allegro" a2 f4
d2 bes'4
a2.\( [...]

where

mm =
#(define-music-function
     (parser location tempotext)
     (string?)
   #{
     ^\markup { \bold $tempotext }
   #}
)

Everything works beautifully when the \tempo part is being left out, however,
adding it ruins the layout as "numerical" and "traditional" tempo indication
are getting "stacked" instead of being typeset in one line. I realize that this
is more or less what I request with "location tempotext" in the mm definition
(which I found somewhere on the list and for which I am otherwise very
grateful!). Is there a good way to have both tempo indications existing
peacefully (i.e. in one line)? Many thanks in advance!

Warm regards,
 Stefan
--
Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys.