Re:

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re:
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 20:50:00 +0200

2013/5/11  <address@hidden>:

> Is it possible, with LilyPond, to have something like the "\hfill" effect in
> TeX, that is, "fill the rest of the staff with blank space"?
>
> If I type:
>
> { a b c d \break a b c d \bar "|." }
>
> the layout is ugly because the notes are spread over the whole staff.  I
> know that:
>
> \layout {
>   ragged-right = ##t
>   ragged-last = ##t
> }
>
> will give a better output, but then the staffs are only one measure long.
> What I would like to have is something like:
>
> {
> a b c d
> \repeat unfold 14 { s1 } \break
> a4 b c d \bar "|."
> \repeat unfold 16 { s1 } \break
> }
>
> but without the added measure bars.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --ghe

Not sure I understood correct.
Though, how about:

\version "2.16.2"

spaceRight =
#(define-music-function (parser location space)(number?)
  (let* ((amount (+ space 0.5))
         (space-right `(extra-space . ,amount)))
  #{
     %% Maybe additional layout-objects must be affected!?
     \override Score.BarLine #'space-alist #'right-edge = #space-right
     \override Score.KeySignature #'space-alist #'right-edge = #space-right
     \override Score.KeyCancellation #'space-alist #'right-edge = #space-right
     \override Score.TimeSignature #'space-alist #'right-edge = #space-right
  #}))

{
   % commented settings for testings

   \spaceRight #30