Re: Lyric after staff?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Lyric after staff?
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:24:51 +0200 (CEST)

A mixture would be

\score {
 \new Staff <<
   \new Voice = A { c' d' e' d' \bar "|." \stopStaff }
   \lyrics \with { associatedVoice = "A" }
   { A-4 ve Cae- sar, \unset associatedVoice "morituri te salutant." }

}

That's a good solution, albeit tricky...  Thanks a lot!

The problem with \lyricsto is that it also tells LilyPond to pick off the rhythm from the associated Voice, and then LilyPond lets the lyrics die together with the associated Voice.

Yes, I understand this. I think I would personally prefer that the lyrics "too much" be put after the scores (and perhaps a warning issued). After all there is no reason to have them disappear without errors.

Many thanks again,

Gregory