Re: An idea for a systematic development of a large score.

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: An idea for a systematic development of a large score.
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 21:17:11 +0100

Hi wjm and list,
On 17/05/13 02:26, wjm wrote:
> Greetings!
> After watching Sarah K Alawami's work on a score recently on this
> user-list, but not having the musical and compositional skills to make
> constructive remarks, and after reading the thread entitled 'stylesheet
> structure', it occurred to me that an approach might be found which
> might make the whole process a little less opaque.

<snip>

Here is a pointer to some of the templates referenced in the Learning
Manual as Appendix A5:

(development version documentation)
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/learning/orchestral-templates

(stable version documentation)
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/orchestral-templates

If you want to invest a bit more time, there are a couple of packages
which allow you to set up large score if you invest a bit of time in the
learning curve, both of which I have used.

One is Reinhold Kainhofer's orchestrallily, which is at
http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/orchestrallily/index.html#The-Orchestrallily-Package

There is a pointer to download the file at that address.  Once
downloaded, you may need to run it through convert-ly if running a
version of LilyPond after V2.14.  Reinhold has had to bow out of
actively participating in the LilyPond lists, but I'm sure he'd be OK
answering any queries from people using the package.

The other possibility is Mark Witmer's ly-score package at github - see
www.github/mwitmer/LyUtil#readme.

Hope this is useful.

Cheers,

Ian Hulin