Re: Comparing LilyPond with Sibelius, Finale, Musescore etc

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Comparing LilyPond with Sibelius, Finale, Musescore etc
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:03:37 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Shann" <address@hidden>
To: "Mats Bengtsson" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:06 PM

Well without considerable expense I can't really test Sibelius or
Finale, just report on what others have published in its name. They may
have hopeless skills in music typesetting. Where these comparisons are
strong is where the comparison is between two imports from MusicXML. If
anyone has access to the commercial programs and can do some MusicXML
imports then we could get an insight into the un-tweaked performance of
them.

I can import musicXML into the latest version of Sibelius (7) and report on its output if you want.

--
Phil Holmes