Re: anyone got lilypond 2.16.2 to work on Windows Vista?

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: anyone got lilypond 2.16.2 to work on Windows Vista?
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 06:42:32 +1000

On 02/08/13 05:49, Robert Honore wrote:

Even if I try to double-click on the lilypond icon right now, the result
I get is that the lilypond executable appears to start, and then it
seems to just sit there.  Then I would use the task manager to see if
the executable ran at all, and I would find (on the "Processes" tab)
that indeed it is running.  When I look at the the columns for I/O
reads, I/O writes, I/O read bytes, and I/O write bytes, I see that it
did one I/O write, with about 2.5 MB of data written.  That is what I
lazily referred to by "2.5 MB".
If I invoke lilypond by the other two methods, I get the same result.

What do you see if you open a command prompt and run Lilypond with an ly file as the parameter:

lilypond somefile.ly

See http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage