Re: Skip to Specific Bar

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: Skip to Specific Bar
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:26:52 +0200

Dear Ed,
I have often similar problems like You.
My solution is not ideal, but I hope, it helps  You a bit:

\version "2.16.2"
globalA = {
  \time 4/4 s1
}
globalB = {
  \time 3/4 s2.
  \time 4/4 s1
  \time 5/4 s4*5
}
globalC = {
  \time 4/4 s1
}
global = {
 \globalA
 \globalB
 \globalC
}
firstStaff = \relative c' {
  c4 d e f
  c4 d e
  c4 d e f
  c4 d e f g
  c,1.
}
secondStaff = {
  \clef bass
  c1
   $(mmrest-of-length globalB)
   c1.
}

\score {
  <<
  \new Devnull \global
  \new StaffGroup <<
   \new Staff \firstStaff
   \new Staff \secondStaff

}

\version 2.16.2
I'm writing a frenched score which has large gaps between the reappearance
of some staves. The piece is stuffed full of time signature changes, so I'm
hoping to find a way to skip input by a specified number of bars, or to a
specific bar. The only method I know is by inserting spacers or rests up to
where you want to start putting in notes, but this will take forever with a
piece like this.