RE: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Steve Noland
Subject: RE: Problems with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 21:46:45 +0000

All,

I have finally succeeded in getting the LilyJAZZ.ily file working on a Mac using LilyPond 2.17.18.  I had to edit Keith's file from http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Pseudo-handwritten-font-tt142117.html#a147230 to remove a couple of embedded newlines.  Thanks to David Kastrup for the clue.  Even so, the patch from Keith still looks a little ragged, but I don't have the expertise to clean up the code without introducing new errors.  If someone could take a stab at it, I would appreciate it.

The attached version of LilyJAZZ.ily works fine now and compiles under Lilypond both stand-alone and under Frescobaldi.  Also attached is the compiled PDF of the jazz-test-3.ly file that Torsten provided with his original distribution.  Looks nice!...

Keith requested that I post a link to this file, but I'm unclear where he wished it to go.  I will be glad to do so if given directions.

An additional question: can someone provide a snippet that shows how the LilyJAZZ fonts do with jazz chordnames?

Cheers,

Steve