Re: Aligning output question

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Aligning output question
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:05:11 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/10/12 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Tough" <address@hidden>
>> Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 2:09 PM
>> Subject: Aligning output question
>>
>>> One of the last hurdles I have to figure out to start producing course
>>> notes is to Left/Right jusify staff output, if it is possible.
>>
>> \paper {
>> ragged-right = ##f
>> }
>
> Perhaps combined with
> \paper {
>   linewidth = <what-ever-you-need>
> }
>
> and/or other settings for paper
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation-big-page#page-layout

In this case, it seems like the main purpose is to to arrange one-line
mini-scores together with text.  That sounds more like

\markup { \fill-line { "Here is markup"
                       \score { ... \layout { } } } }

so basically using \score inside of \markup, and have \markup describe
the actual material supposed to fill the line including the score
fragment.

--
David Kastrup