Re: cresc. whitespace padding

From: EdBeesley
Subject: Re: cresc. whitespace padding
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:08:01 -0700 (PDT)

David Kastrup wrote
> EdBeesley <

> edplaysdrums@

> > writes:
>
>> I think my main problem last night was that I couldn't figure out how
>> to turn the x-ext and y-ext into variables that could be passed to the
>> function. But looking at it now it almost seems obvious. Perhaps if
>> you could include an example using more complex scheme code like the
>> one Thomas used for this post and show how the fixed values can be
>> replaced by variables that get passed to the function? That would
>> definitely have helped my first reading of it, I think.
>
> I don't think replacing a simple example by a more complex one will
> help, but showing the simple example before turning it into a function
> might.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

Yes, indeed combining/cross linking examples might be very useful. For
example you might use Thomas' initial example as an example of modifying a
stencil with scheme, and this could be on the page about stencils and the
page about scheme code. And  there you could link to things you can now do
with this new scheme code, e.g. making a function out of it. I definitely
wouldn't mind a higher level of hand-holding through some of the more
complex parts of the manual.