Re: survey on multiple development versions

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: survey on multiple development versions
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 12:41:49 +0100

Hi

2013/12/10 Mike Solomon <address@hidden>:
> I recently e-mailed the development list about multiple concurrent
> development versions and I’d like to ask users, especially those currently
> using the development version, to take the time to respond to a question
> regarding the proposal.
>
> If lilypond.org were to propose multiple development versions (say 5 instead
> of 1), each offering a different set of experimental features (including the
> canonical development version), and if lilypond.org offered information on
> which versions were in need of testing by what types of users, would you be
> interested in helping out by doing some typesetting with these alternative
> versions?

As far as beta-testing is concerned, please consider
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-08/msg00305.html
Together with Lilydev this makes trying out experimental features easy
enough for non-programmers (quite involved, but easy).
I don't understand why that email was ignored :(

The script can even handle rebasing features from one version to another.

Janek