Question from a new user

From: Ed Faulk
Subject: Question from a new user
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 19:48:26 -0600

I'm new to LilyPond although a long time composer starting with pen and ink and moving to newer scoring program.s I'm currently using LilyPond inside Scribus to produce manuscripts containing musical snippets. I can't seem to find the resolution to a problem I'm experiencing. Using the following simplified code:

\relative c' {

\key f \major

f8 f a a a a a a |

g8 a bes4 g4 f2 \bar "|."

}

I'm getting an empty measure just prior to the final bar. I'd like to know how to code this so I have a simple two-measure snippet (I'd also like to suppress the time signature).

Suggestions?

Ed

---
is active.