64-bit vs 32-bit LilyPond (GNU/Linux)

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: 64-bit vs 32-bit LilyPond (GNU/Linux)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:03:51 -0800 (PST)

I usually don't think twice about this sort of thing, I always reach for x64
installers since all my systems here are 64bit. The only exception maybe is
something like Python or something odd that is finicky...

But, as far as LilyPond goes, is there any real-world benefit to using the
64bit install (on a 64bit OS) vs. the 32bit install (on 64bit OS)? Does RAM
ever really being to be an issue with LilyPond? I've never seen resource
spikes at all so maybe I'm just the minority here, but could someone tell me
what the differences are between these installers?

Thanks!

-----
composer | sound designer
LilyPond Tutorials (for beginners) --> http://bit.ly/bcl-lilypond