Re: Weirdness With Fonts and Font Tree Snippet

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: Re: Weirdness With Fonts and Font Tree Snippet
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 22:29:46 -0600

This is great information to have. Thanks for that tip!

IC,

Josh

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Carl Peterson <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Joshua Nichols <address@hidden> wrote:
> Okay, so I did "the obvious" and went through the Fontbook and literally
> "clicked and dragged" the fonts into the "computer" (I guess that's the sys
> place) tab, and then I re-typeset the file: It worked...
>
> Well... there's for a lot of heartburn! Thank y'all for helping out! I can't
> believe that to get that effect it worked that *easily*.
>
> IC,
>
> Josh

Indeed, I have found that on Mac OS X, the system is very picky about
what it sees and doesn't see. For instance, I use the SkyFonts program
to install fonts from the Google Fonts site. Apparently, it doesn't
install them as system fonts, so if I want to use them in LilyPond
(and PT Sans Narrow, one of the fonts in that collection, is the font
I currently use for LilyPond), I have to go ahead and download the ZIP
file and install them through FontBook, but almost every other program
I use has no issue with it. I think Inkscape might be picky as well,
but I don't do enough stuff with those fonts in that program to
remember.

Carl P.