Scorio and GPL

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Scorio and GPL
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 07:28:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

Did anyone ever try Scorio? It looks like a nice web-based score editor which also has special versions for tablets. On the www.scorio.com website I could not find it uses LilyPond, but by what I suspected when looking at the produced scores was confirmed in the following anouncement:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-02/msg00008.html

What worries me is that Scorio offers non-free apps and accounts, but doesn't mention LilyPond anywhere on their website. Also Scorio does not seem to be open source - I can't find any sourcecode anywhere.

Does Scorio violate LilyPond's GPL licence ?

--

MT