3 staff piano score

From: Gabriel Striewe
Subject: 3 staff piano score
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:50:45 +0100

Dear List,

in some, especially contemporary piano literature, a piano can have more
than 2 staffs, for example three or four, usually only for the duration
of a few bars.

I usually notate my music using \parallelMusic.

My question is: how do I achive this? I would like a third or fourth
staff to appear only during some bars, not continuously.

Example:
(Trying to use a second pair of
"\parallelMusic" and "<< \new Staff>>",
but this doesn't work.

\parallelMusic #'(voiceA voiceB) {
  c''1|
  c'1|

  %Bar 2
  d''1|
  d'1|
}

\parallelMusic #'(voiceC voiceD voiceE) {
  %Bar 3
  e''1|
  e'1|
  c'1|