Re: Whiteout box function by Thomas Morley / need help

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Whiteout box function by Thomas Morley / need help
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:22:14 +0200

> Harm,
>
> this change is related to issue 621:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=621
>
> Now, I do not accept this solution. It is simply against the rules.
> DynamicText shouldn't have influence on spacaing. Therefore I prefer whiteout.
>
> So I use:
>
> \context {
>   \Staff
>   \override DynamicText.extra-spacing-width = #'(+inf.0 . -inf.0)
> }

Ahh, ok.
Now I understand your remark here
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2014-04/msg00204.html

The following will give different result for extra-spacing-width
depending on presence of spanbars:

\version "2.19.4"

dynamic-text-extra-spacing-width-info =
  \override DynamicText.after-line-breaking =
    #(lambda (grob)
       (newline)(write (ly:grob-property grob 'extra-spacing-width)))

m = \new Staff { c1 \dynamic-text-extra-spacing-width-info c\f }

\new StaffGroup << \m \m >>

Will look in the whiteout-function ...

Cheers,
  Harm