Separate pedal staff shifts notes in music staves

From: Javier Ruiz-Alma
Subject: Separate pedal staff shifts notes in music staves
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:27:33 -0700 (PDT)

I have Pedal markings on a separate 'dynamics" staff within a PianoStaff

I need to place a sustainOff between 5th and 6th beats (on 6/4 time).
If I place the sustainOff on the 5th beat, the 6 quarter notes in the bass are kept at equal distances, however, if I place the sustainOff after the 5th beat, the note column of the 6th beat is shifted left.

I'm attaching images of the typesetting:
PedalStaff1.png (equal beat spacing when sustainOff placed on 5th beat):
s1\sustainOn s4 s4\sustainOff

PedalStaff2.png (compressed 6th beat when sustainOff placed after 5th beat):
{s1\sustainOn s8. s16\sustainOff s4}, or {s1\sustainOn s8 s8\sustainOff s4}

I tried to replicate with a tiny example, but I can't replicate this shifting behavior :

\version "2.18.2"
\new PianoStaff
<<
\new Staff \relative c''{
\time 6/4
<<{ c2.( d2) d4 | c2.( d2) d4 | } \\
{ g,2. a | g2. a |}

}
\new Staff \relative c'{
\clef bass
c4( ees f,ees'g f)
c4( ees f,ees'g f)
}
\new Dynamics {
\time 6/4
s1\sustainOn s4 s4\sustainOff
s1\sustainOn s8. s16\sustainOff s4
}

The issue does occur in bar78 in the following score:
https://gist.github.com/dominicus/8085e4d3e8692ca64d27

Any ideas as to why a separate pedal staff may influence the note columns in other staves?

Javier Ruiz-Alma