Re: I was unable to import an xml ogan file from Musescore - update

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: I was unable to import an xml ogan file from Musescore - update
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 22:50:48 +0200

See my file attached, all the measures are commented except the first and the problem is still present.
This is not yet a minimal example. You should dig more. Try commenting staff 2 and leave only staff one. Be careful to comment in the right places; xmlcopyeditor will print a warning if there's something wrong. Run again musicxml2ly and see if the error is still present.

I reduced it to a single measure and I can import in Denemo. In Denemo I see there's an upbeat or pickup at the beginning. Maybe this is what causes trouble?

I've just tried musicxml2ly developed by philomelos¹ and I get a different error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./musicxml2ly", line 3369, in <module>
    main()
  File "./musicxml2ly", line 3363, in main
    voices = convert (filename, options)
  File "./musicxml2ly", line 3241, in convert
    (voices, staff_info) = get_all_voices (parts)
  File "./musicxml2ly", line 2837, in get_all_voices
    part_ly_voices[n] = musicxml_voice_to_lily_voice (v)
  File "./musicxml2ly", line 2644, in musicxml_voice_to_lily_voice
    if (beamed == "begin" or slurred == "start") and (len(voice._elements[idx+1].get_typed_children (musicxml.Lyric)) != 0):
IndexError: list index out of range

¹ https://github.com/Philomelos/lilypond-musicxml2ly-dev