overrides in quoted cues

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: overrides in quoted cues
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 18:35:14 +0100

Through experimentation I have discovered that tweaks are effective in
quoted cues, however overrides do not work. It is possible to make
overrides work by adding StreamEvent to quotedCueEventTypes, however
this brings with it additional events such as slurs and dynamics which
are not desired.

Is there any other way to make overrides work in quoted cues? I could
not find an event class that seemed relevant.

\version "2.18.0"

voice-i = \relative c' {
  r2 r4 c4
  d(\f
  \once \hide NoteHead e
  \tweak color #red f
  \once \override NoteHead.color = #red g)
}

voice-ii = \relative c' {
  c1
  \new CueVoice { \set instrumentCueName = "voice-i" }
  \cueDuring #"voice_i" #DOWN { R1 }
}

\addQuote "voice_i" \voice-i

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff { \voice-i }
    \new Staff { \voice-ii }

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      quotedCueEventTypes = #'(
        ; default events
        note-event rest-event tie-event beam-event tuplet-span-event
        ; additional events
        ;StreamEvent ; this works, but also adds dynamics and slurs
                              )

Mark Knoop