Re: Setting accidentalStyle for all Score contexts

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Setting accidentalStyle for all Score contexts
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:26:43 +0200

On 08/20/2014 05:14 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
The documentation

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#automatic-accidentals

shows how to set the accidental style for a Score context, but when
there are several movements I find that putting

       \layout{\context {
         \Score
         \accidentalStyle neo-modern-voice-cautionary
       }}

before the first \score { } block sets neo-modern-voice-cautionary on
all the succeeding score blocks.

Have I stumbled on some dodgy feature, or is this actually documented?

AFAICS this is expected behaviour, similar to setting per-score headers. If you want it to only apply for one specific score, you should move your layout-context block inside the score: with

\score {
  \music...

  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \accidentalStyle neo-modern-voice-cautionary

it should apply only for this score. Outside of the score block, it will apply for all future scores. (Untested.)

Best,
Alexander