Re: Setting accidentalStyle for all Score contexts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Setting accidentalStyle for all Score contexts
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 16:43:16 +0100

On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 17:26 +0200, Alexander Kobel wrote:
> On 08/20/2014 05:14 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > The documentation
> >
> > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#automatic-accidentals
> >
> > shows how to set the accidental style for a Score context, but when
> > there are several movements I find that putting
> >
> >        \layout{\context {
> >          \Score
> >          \accidentalStyle neo-modern-voice-cautionary
> >        }}
> >
> > before the first \score { } block sets neo-modern-voice-cautionary on
> > all the succeeding score blocks.
> >
> > Have I stumbled on some dodgy feature, or is this actually documented?
>
> AFAICS
When you say "I Can See" here -
can you see this in the documentation? I could see the example for Staff
context and that it applied context wide, and looking up contexts found
that Score context was higher, and found the solution you give for
setting on a per-score-block basis (as I said in the first email). But
the documentation then says there is no higher context (Book is not a
context I guess) and so I was guessing, and struck lucky. Or I have
missed some bit of the documentation.

Richard