Re: \override #'(font-series . medium) doesn't work anymore?

From: TaoCG
Subject: Re: \override #'(font-series . medium) doesn't work anymore?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:18:17 -0700 (PDT)

tisimst wrote
> 2. As shown on the
> Ubuntu font website <http://font.ubuntu.com/>
> , there is NO PHYSICAL DIFFERENCE between the upright (non-italic) shaped
> series of "Regular" and "Medium" variants (not sure why that is since
> there is definitely a difference between the corresponding italic-shaped
> variants). Thus, even if it were possible to use both "Regular" and
> "Medium" font-series, the Ubuntu font won't show any difference, at least
> in the upright case.

There must be something wrong on your side. I can see a clear difference
between Regular and Medium in both normal and italic shape.
Well, I installed the Ubuntu fonts and tried to access the Medium face from
within LilyPond without success. Version is 2.18.2 on Windows.
Since the second post stated that it worked in 2.19.13 I supposed it might
have to do with the recent changes in font selection but apparently this
really is a bug which has been there before.