RE: Time signature differs from measure length

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Time signature differs from measure length
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:53:11 -0700

Simon,

Regarding the snippet you provide, I would be confused in reading it. The "₵"
would tell me 2/2, yet there would be four semi-breves.

Does this do what you want?

\version "2.18.0"
timeTwoOne = {
  \once \override Staff.TimeSignature.stencil =
  #(lambda (grob)
     (grob-interpret-markup grob
      #{ \markup { \musicglyph #"timesig.C22" \musicglyph #"timesig.C22" } #}))
  \time 2/1
}
\relative c' {
  \timeTwoOne