Re: Combining Multimeasure rests

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Combining Multimeasure rests
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 11:26:05 -0500

Hi Urs,

> I also have some ideas about options for a more manual approach to line
> breaking (partially from seeing how easy it is tto push stuff around with
> Amadeus).

1. I would love to see Amadeus in action!

2. <broken record alert!> Using Jan-Peter’s \editionEngraver makes "pushing
stuff around” — including line and page breaks — pretty easy in Lilypond. I’ve
just finished engraving a >10,000-frame score (>50 staves with >200 measures).
The outputs were: full (orchestra) score; instrumental parts; chorus score
(with piano reduction); and chorus vocal score. I was able to eliminate EVERY
presentation adjustment (e.g., \tag, \override, \tweak, etc.) from the content
(*_notes.ly) file.  =)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer