Re: Coda ahead of a line of its own

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Coda ahead of a line of its own
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:31:41 -0500

Hi all,

>> I'd personally avoid using stopStaff for codas.
>> Creating a new score for the coda is much easier
>
> definitely a better idea, thanks
> it's worth adding it to the LSR?

It’s probably worth adding to the LSR…

But I strongly disagree with the suggestion that it’s a "better solution”: it
divides a single musical “piece” (work, expression, whatever) into two separate
scores just to accomplish an engraving issue which should be as easy as using
\repeat volta. Now everything (e.g., parts, midi, etc.) requires double-scoring
or recombining of variables, etc.

There’s a better way — we should try to make it happen.

Just my 2¢.
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
www:  <http://www.kierenmacmillan.info>