Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Grand Advanced Stylesheet Project (GASP)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 01:12:01 +0100

Am 20.01.2015 um 00:15 schrieb Noeck:
Hi Kieren, et al.

I like you initiative and I would contribute my modest style sheets for choir
works (SATB). It is mostly about distances (paper) and fonts – not really choir
related.

I think the OpenLilyLib snippets/stylesheets would be a good place to collect
them. (If Urs agrees – I am not sure if I understood his position on this.)

I think https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib is not really suitable for such a new effort. openLilyLib is a rather shapeless mass of code, and I think the new library should be very focused and structured. My suggestion was (and if I'm not mistaken it sounds like we could go that way) to create a new repository, presumably as a 'sister' project to openLilyLib, say, https://github.com/openlilylib/stylesheets (nonexistent yet).

Probably with some review and merging by experienced people.

That's what I said earlier. I think we should make this repository more structured than openLilyLib, which means we need a higher level of review than there. But I have no clear idea how that should be organized. There's probably no single person who could/should act as the doorkeeper, but in a way we should organize a kind of review process.

Best
Urs

As others have mentioned, it is also worthwhile after collecting them, to see
whether there is an intersection and defaults could be changed in LP directly
for the best default output (perhaps including margins and basic-distances? –
we’ll see).

Cheers,
Joram