Re: Beam slope tweaking

From: Víctor
Subject: Re: Beam slope tweaking
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:13:20 -0600

Thank you for your quick response Pierre. Your solution fixes ascending music, but descending music has now horizontal beams too:

\version "2.19.15"

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \autoBeamOff
    %\override Beam.damping = #0
    \offset positions #'(0 . 1) Beam
    \relative c' {
      c8[^"sloped beam" d e f]
      g,[^"non sloped beam" a b c]
      c'[ b a g] f[ e d c]
      c[ e g c] c[ g e c]

El 28/01/15 a las 11:04, Pierre Perol-Schneider escibió:
Thank you Victaor,

How about :

\version "2.19.15"

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \autoBeamOff
    %\override Beam.damping = #0
    \offset positions #'(0 . 1) Beam
    \relative c' {
      c8[^"sloped beam" d e f]
      g,[^"non sloped beam" a b c]

HTH
Pierre

I'm sorry, here it is:

\version "2.19.15"

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \autoBeamOff
    \override Beam.damping = #0
    \relative c' {
      c8[^"sloped beam" d e f]
      g,[^"non sloped beam" a b c]

El 28/01/15 a las 10:37, Pierre Perol-Schneider escibió:
Hi Victor,
Please send a tiny example.
Cheers,
Pierre

Hello everyone:

I'm trying to make beam slopes parallel to the music, or at least more evident. So I'm using \override Beam.damping = #0 wich works mostly ok, but beams in the center of the staves are still very horizontal. I've also tried to mess around with Beams.details list, but I can't figure out what of most of its keys do. Is there any way of increasing the slope of beams in the center of the staff?

Thanks in advance. Víctor.