Re: Broken ligatures in recent LilyPond versions

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Broken ligatures in recent LilyPond versions
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 21:28:32 +0100 (CET)

> LilyPond used to do ligatures correctly in 2.16.2 (see image). In
> 2.18.2 and 2.19 versions, the ligatures are broken. Why?

Unfortunately, this is currently beyond our control.  What you see is
the default rendering with the pango library.  Right now, lilypond
lacks a font interface to control OpenType features.

Note it seems that there are also bugs in Pango that prevent correct
ligature rendering in general, cf.

We would need a Windows developer to debug that...

    Werner