Re: convert-ly adding linefeeds / carriage return

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: convert-ly adding linefeeds / carriage return
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:58:37 +1100

On 12/03/2015 21:43, Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Op Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:16:21 -0400
"address@hidden" <address@hidden>
schreef:

I have just upgraded to the latest Lilypond, version 2.19.16. I'm
using Frescobaldi 2.18 on Windows 8.1.

Running convert-ly on any of my Lilypond scores, I find that carriage
returns and/or linefeeds get added to each line.
Please try this also outside of Frescobaldi. Then we can see if it is a
Frescobaldi bug (i.e. it reads the output back in an incorrect way) or
a convert-ly bug.

I have observed this also, and it appears to be a Frescobaldi problem. I loaded an ly file with a version number of 2.19.11 into Frescobaldi, and then ran command-line convert-ly against it. Frescobaldi prompted me to reload the file as it had been modified outside Frescobaldi, and when I reloaded it, the file remained with all spacing identical - the version number had been updated to 2.19.16.

I then reverted to the original version of the file from backup, opened the file in Frescobaldi, ran convert-ly from the Tools menu, and an additional blank line was inserted between each existing line. Looking at the file with a hex editor showed that an additional LF (control char 0A) had been added after each existing LF in the file.

Nick