Chord names broken since 2.16

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Chord names broken since 2.16
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:57:59 +0100

Dear lilypond-user team,

starting with LilyPond 2.16, and on into 2.18, the chord naming
algorithm does not distinguish between a chord <c e g bes d> and <c e g
d'> in relative notation. Both are named "C9". This is wrong, since
functionally, the former is a dominant, the latter a tonic, so there
must be a distinction between the two. The behavior up until 2.14 (which
I used until recently) was correct, in which the former was called "C9",
the latter "Cadd9".

Is there a script file I can modify so I can get the system to behave
correctly?

Kind regards,

Amy