Re: Introducing some 'path' drawing tools

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Introducing some 'path' drawing tools
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 15:48:01 +0200

Hi Paul

Hi Pierre,

Looking at this some more I see how it would really be handy for working with paths in LilyPond.  Thanks for creating it and sharing it!  I made some revisions to the code in the graph-paper file, simplifying things.  See attached.

Thank you Paul!
Much shorter for sure ;) I'll take a closer look tonight

I’ve had good luck with a different approach: rendering a glyph to SVG with LilyPond (possibly scaling it up by a factor of 10 with \magnifyStaff), editing it with InkScape (scaling it back down), then opening the .svg file in a text editor, and cutting and pasting the path coordinates into a LilyPond file as a path stencil.

Usually it’s not a direct cut and paste, some formatting may be needed.  This svg transformation tool is handy for that:
http://petercollingridge.appspot.com/svg_transforms

For example, the code below shows a slightly modified whole note glyph created using this process.  So I imagine I’ll probably stick with this approach for the most part, but it’s good to have solid tools for other options!

Very interesting, thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
Pierre