Re: Typesetting renaissance music

From: karl
Subject: Re: Typesetting renaissance music
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 10:45:02 +0200 (CEST)

Alexander:
> On 2015-05-14 05:09, Murray-Luke Peard wrote:
> > [...]
> > One is to use the Mensurstriche layout, which has bar lines between
> > staves but not through them. My preferred option is to move the barline
> > up or down if the note is low or high, and split it if the note is in
> > the middle.

> > I've been able to move the barline up and down with the following commands:
> > But I can't figure out how to get the split bar line. Ideally, it would
> > look something like :
> \once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil =
> #(lambda (grob)
>     (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'bar-extent '(-3 . -2))
>     (ly:stencil-add
>      (ly:bar-line::print grob)
>      (ly:stencil-translate-axis (ly:bar-line::print grob) 5 Y)))
>
> If you want two stubs of different length, you have to work a little bit
> harder, but this should get you started.

Not your desired solution, but you could use bar numbers as "bar"
indications:

 \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)

the above puts bar numbers on every bar.
For me it's easier to read left aligned bar numbers:

 \override Score.BarNumber #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148