Re: Typesetting renaissance music

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Typesetting renaissance music
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 10:47:35 +0200

Am 14.05.2015 um 10:45 schrieb address@hidden:
Alexander:
On 2015-05-14 05:09, Murray-Luke Peard wrote:
[...]
One is to use the Mensurstriche layout, which has bar lines between
staves but not through them. My preferred option is to move the barline
up or down if the note is low or high, and split it if the note is in
the middle.
I've been able to move the barline up and down with the following commands:
But I can't figure out how to get the split bar line. Ideally, it would
look something like :
\once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil =
#(lambda (grob)
     (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'bar-extent '(-3 . -2))
     (ly:stencil-add
      (ly:bar-line::print grob)
      (ly:stencil-translate-axis (ly:bar-line::print grob) 5 Y)))

If you want two stubs of different length, you have to work a little bit
harder, but this should get you started.
Not your desired solution, but you could use bar numbers as "bar"
indications:

  \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#t #t #t)

the above puts bar numbers on every bar.
For me it's easier to read left aligned bar numbers:

  \override Score.BarNumber #'self-alignment-X = #LEFT

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

What about using that approach and replacing the barnumber stencil with a barline for the upper part of the broken barline?

Urs

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148
S-742 94 Östhammar