Re: A question about scores and parts from a blind user

From: Nick Baskin
Subject: Re: A question about scores and parts from a blind user
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 20:00:24 -0700

Daniel,

Yes, when you use the "\include" function, LilyPond will treat the included file as though it is entirely included in the including file. So if you have an active "\score { . . . }" block inside the included file, LilyPond will generate that block as well as the "\score { . . . }" block in the trumpet part. To get around this, I usually put all of the notes in a file with no "\score { . . . }" block and then have separate files for the score and all the parts. That way I can use "\include" without generating a score that I don't want. Does that make sense?

HTH,
Nick