Fwd: Text centralized above a TextSpan

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Fwd: Text centralized above a TextSpan
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 17:52:29 -0500

Sorry...didn't reply all..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Nalesnik <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan
To: Caio Giovaneti de Barros <address@hidden>

Hi Caio

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Caio Giovaneti de Barros <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello David!

On 02-09-2015 10:19, David Nalesnik wrote:

Try this out:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-05/msg00405.html

This looks ok, but I'm not sure it'll work form me. I need to tweak the Spanner a bit to centralize the line height vertically in relation to the left and right bounds

A simple thing to do would be to modify mrkp.  Something like this:
             (mrkp
                (lambda (x y)
                  #{
                    \markup
                    \override #`(line-width . ,(+ staff-space y))
                    \fill-line
                    \translate #'(0 . -0.5)
                    $x
                  #}))

You could of course calculate the \translate value, though this would be more involved.

and also use custom symbols for each bound.

It should be fairly straightforward to adapt the function to work with a list of markups rather than a string.

David