Re: Question re title formatting

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: Question re title formatting
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 20:09:00 +0200

Hello Karen,

Works with 2.19.28.

JM

Le 2 oct. 2015 à 18:29, Karen Billings <address@hidden> a écrit :

Good morning all,

I hate bothering the you all with a dumb question, but I've been wracking my brain with this for two hours.

I am arranging a standard Latin setting for our Choir to use Sunday, and seem to be having trouble with something that worked before.

I'm still working in 2.18.2

My title information is

piece = "St. Thomas"
title = "Pange, Lingua, Gloriosi"
titleb = "(Hymn Setting)"
composer = "John F. Wade, 1711-1786"
meter = "87.87.87"
arranger = "Thomas Aquinas, 1225-1274"

My initial markup line is:

\markup {
  \column {
    \fill-line { \large \bold \title } % title
    \fill-line { \titleb }
    \fill-line { \caps \piece               % piece
        \caps \composer      % composer
 }
    \fill-line { \meter          % meter
        \arranger           % arranger

For some reason, Lilypond incorporates the "meter" but ignores the "arranger"... Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Karen