Re: Frescobaldi creates the pdf but doesn't export it?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi creates the pdf but doesn't export it?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 13:48:39 +0200

Am 10.10.2015 um 13:27 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno sab 10 ott 2015 alle 13:12, Simon Albrecht
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>> On 10.10.2015 13:10, Federico Bruni wrote:
>>> I wouldn't suggest to enable "Save document is possible" when saving
>>> to an SSD disk.
>>
>> Why that?
>> ~ Simon
>
> I don't know if it's still true for modern SSD but I often find
> documentation or tutorials saying to be cautious about the number of
> writes to a SSD drive. Probably outdated nowadays but I've never
> investigated.

I think that's an inherent problem, so it won't really be outdated
anytime. But I think when we're talking about a system with compilers,
possibly also with Frescobaldi's auto-compile on, it's somewhat
out-of-proportion to "optimize" here. But anyway, you have also realized
that Frescobaldi *does* save the file anyway, only to a temporary file
with generated name.

The only way out of that would be if LilyPond could learn to take its
input from stdin. Which might be a nice thing anyway?

Urs

--
Urs Liska
www.openlilylib.org