Re: Frescobaldi creates the pdf but doesn't export it?

From: mskala
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi creates the pdf but doesn't export it?
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 06:36:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015, David Kastrup wrote:
> The real SSD killer is putting swap there and/or suspend to disk.
> That's gigabytes of actually happening writes.

Is that really true of suspend-to-disk?  Seems to me that writing the
contents of memory to disk on suspend would only happen between one and
ten times per day, and with hundreds of thousands of writes available
before an SSD wears out, it has decades of lifespan at that rate.
Something else in the system will almost certainly die first.  Almost an
ideal scenario for an SSD.  Putting swap on SSD is another story
entirely.

--
Matthew Skala
address@hidden                 People before principles.