Re: ScholarLy and polymetric music? (bar numbering, \RemoveEmptyStaffCon

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: ScholarLy and polymetric music? (bar numbering, \RemoveEmptyStaffContext)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:48:30 +0100

Am 10.11.2015 um 14:28 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
> Hi Urs,
>
>> I have no idea if it is also appropriate for ancient music.
>
> Well, the absence of [any] barlines makes barline numbering more complex…  ;)

Of course it depends on the way an edition deals with that.

>> Aren't there any useful references, how have others dealt with that
>> challenge?
>
> I can’t find any!

I'll be sitting in the musicological institute this afternoon and will
skim through a number of complete editions.

And maybe I'll ask around among a number of composers and music
theorists if they have an idea about barnumber handling in contemporary
polymetric scores.

Urs

--
Urs Liska