Re: RFC: new location for openLilyLib repository

From: Henning Hraban Ramm
Subject: Re: RFC: new location for openLilyLib repository
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:02:47 +0600

Am 2015-11-13 um 04:22 schrieb ciconia <address@hidden>:

> Exactly those drawbacks, and a some more:
> - People would have to register on your site in order contribute, while at
> least a substantial part of them are already on github.
> - Github is also kind of the place to hang among younger developers, so you
> risk losing that crowd if you wish to attract them to contribute.
> - What about backup?
>
> If your basic motive is reorganising the code, I think you don't really gain
> anything from moving it away from github to your own server. Let's put it
> like this, I'm sure you'd rather be coding than maintaining your gitlab
> installation.
>
> I say go with option a. You could use the existing github organisation and
> just add repositories to it.

Why not combine the options? Use GitHub as long as it makes sense, but always
keep a mirror on OLL server.

Then you can use any automation you want on your own server but still use the
better publicity of GitHub.

If it makes sense, I can also provide a mirror, since I run Gitlab on my server
anyway, even if I’m not keen on more maintenance work.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm