Re: Bravura svg font

From: Paul Booker
Subject: Re: Bravura svg font
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 10:57:31 +0000 (UTC)

Nathan Ho <nathan <at> snappizz.com> writes:

> On 2016-01-06 11:23, Paul Booker wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm a new use of lilypond-windows on Win 8.1 64bit and Win 7. First of
> > all,
> > thanks for wonderful software; I'm generating many snippets for
> > educational
> > purposes.
> > My main problem so far is getting the bravura alternative font to
> > appear. I
> > don't mind trying a few things, but this problem has me stumped.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I'm responsible for this issue as the maintainer of the SMuFL
> implementation. Thanks for reporting the bug; I'll get on this tomorrow.
>
> By the way, there is another way to get Bravura (and a whole host of
> other fonts) in LilyPond. It should be available at
> fonts.openlilylib.org but that site seems to be down for the moment.
>
> Nathan

Thanks Nathan,
Since posting, I've scanned the bug and devel groups, and it would appear I
am not being fashionable in wanting to do this. The trend seems to be toward
woff fonts for svg, is that the case?
I've also found Leigh Verlag's page which details the implementation of
other fonts so I'll try that. I like the look of having an include for
layout overrides anyway!
I notice 2.19.35 seems to have custom fonts built in, but Bravura is only
copied to otf, not to svg fonts. This also suggests a move away from svg
fonts to me. Any comment?
With regard to openlilylib.org being down, I did pass an old post which had
links to the other fonts, so I'll try and find that again.

Paul