Re: Determining what parameters exist for an item

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Determining what parameters exist for an item
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 12:22:35 -0500

Hi David,

> it would be easier if you did not do creative editing in order to
> let everything disappear not meeting your preconceptions.

It’s not clear what you’re talking about… but anyway…

It’s still perfectly clear to me — and, it seems, Charles and others — that
Lilypond has grobs, and those grobs have properties, and those properties have
values, and the default values of some of those properties are not easily
determinable by the [beginning?] user.

Three examples which I just pulled at total random are
    Beam.beam-thickness (via beam-interface)
    NoteHead.break-visibility (via item-interface)
    KeyCancellation.font-size (via font-interface)

I don’t see anywhere in the documentation where I can find what those default
values are.

Regards,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer